Sunday, August 15, 2010



so i was doing my morning ritual on facebook...and I came across this page..
of course i joined and found their blog and started to read it..

it's new.. brand new.. maybe a week old or so...
there are 6 women and their stories....you know.. how they got fat and all the excuses we use..
their stats..
and it is all about the next 8 weeks and their own personal weight loss goals...
they all have a different way of trying to achieve their goals AND they all have different weight loss expectations...
go take a look here

so i have been neglectful the past few weeks... last week i didn't even make it to the weigh in... so that's not good..
but i am going to follow along with these ladies and report on my progress..

SOOO....here is my plan for the next 8 weeks...

1. i will be following the weight watcher method of eating... and keep a journal of everything I am eating
2. I will be using my fitness pal as guidance as well
3. I WILL DRINK THE WATER....seriously it's a huge problem for me...
4. loose 15 lbs (average 2 lbs a week)
5. move move move move move...jillian michaels and my running shoes should be able to help me with this..
6. no eating after 7pm... it's the hardest time of the day for me... so the plan is to stay busy... i have been working in my craft room non stop  and i am very inspired right now.. so i want to keep that up...
7.weigh in only once a week...i tossed the scale..so i want to feel good...
8. completely stabilize my sugar...

during these 8 weeks... i will have to be dealing with Gracie and her surgery, which will not be easy... and hospitals stays are what started all the fatness to begin with... so... i will make my meals and bring them with me while she is in icu and for the duration of her stay...

i don't have the date yet.. but within this time i will FINALLY be back to work, so I need to stay focused and continue on the way i would if i were home...
make the time for me...
take the time for me..

i have been told that i am self centered...and all i have to say is that people need to watch what they say.. and USUALLY when they criticize things about others, it's because they don't like those qualities about themselves...
so .. call me self centered... but this HAS to be about me now...

so glad i found the site...keep me motivated...
cuz i ain't likin' what i'm seeing...

let's go Ottawa...let's get all cute and healthy!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Yay Dorrie!! I see from your ticker you've already lost 17 lbs? That's awesome! That's inspiration for me!!

I'm so glad the blog has given you extra inspiration! And look me up on My Fitness Pal (lara.wellman(at)gmail(dot)com)

It sounds like you're going to have some challenges in the coming months with staying on course, I hope we can help support you and I'm so glad you're joining in. (and hopefully the mr linky will be fixed soon!)

Karen said...

Dorrie, I'm so thrilled you're going to join us even though you're already doing well on your own - and love that you've already lost 17 pounds. I can't wait until I can say that as well!

I don't think that the decision to lose weight is self-centered at all. It has to be about you. I've tried so many times to do this for other people or outside reasons, but it doesn't work. This time, it's all about me. So, if that's self-centered, then I am too.

I'm using MyFitnessPal as well. My username is KarenChronicles. We can do this! We WILL do this!

Kataroo said...

I love that site a friend pointed it out to me, its so inspiring. Nice to know we have others doing the same thing, getting healthy, working hard...great support. Wishing you the best with Grace's surgery.