Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 9-Results!!!!

Ok the numbers after last week...

weight 206.4
loss 31.6
BMI 41.0
Gym - 3 strength training and 2 cardio days

This week has been an inspirational week for me.

My man Rob ran his first 5 KM race in 27 mins!!!!


We were all cheering him on! So very proud of him!

My friend Katie did her very first Marathon!!!!!You HAVE to read this story!!!!
She is amazing!  She has transformed herself into a machine over these past two years and it took until 10 weeks ago for me to get up off the couch and stop just reading her posts and get off my ass....
I waited at the finish line for her but SHE WAS TOO FAST!!!!! LOL....I tried to find her to congratulate her but it was just too hectic and soooo many people. I knew I was there, and I watched her in amazement.

As for me.... weight is still dropping. :)..so i'm happy about that...you'd think that it would be faster with all the sweat and stink i can produce, but i'm ok with slow and steady!

I went to Sport Check and although I had to buy XL, I still bought shorts and tshirts and bras (under armour...if you work out, you need these..)...and they fit me!!! It's still difficult to wrap my brain around it but I am starting to see the changes a little. And the fact that I wasn't at addition elle (the fat lady store).....makes me happy!

I have discovered that I HATE looking in the mirror... today I was with Katie doing a few weights and she had us looking in the mirror while we did them, it was all I could do to not run away....not sure when I'll get over that part but to be honest, on a daily basis, I look in the mirror to make sure that the shit is out of my eyes and my ponytail is not crooked...that's it...
But several times I have been asked to "look at (my) form" in the mirror ...and I look a lot bigger than I feel...I think that's why I avoid the mirrors...someday, I hope to proud of what I see, not just what the numbers say.

I began week 10 on Friday so I will keep you apprised of my latest updates. I think I might try running outside. It is much different than the treadmill and if I want to get ready for my first 5km Army Run, then I best be practicing properly.

Have a great week...congratulations to all the runners that participated int he Ottawa Race weekend... reports of over 30, 0000 people ran in various runs...it's awe inspiring and I hope to be as good as them someday!

xo


1 comment:

Kataroo said...

It was so very cool looking up mid set to see your smiling face! What a treat, and made me feel so good that you came all that way to see me. I had no idea you didn't like looking in the mirror..so strange because I was so proud of how YOU LOOKED...in your new workout gear...looking fit! and your so focused and determined! Be proud...look in that mirror and see the muscle working! See that strong woman staring back at you. I have always done the mirror..even 100 pounds ago in pump class I always set up in front of the mirror and fark I hated seeing my pouch hand down in the squat track made me want to puke but I loved watching my biceps peek out in the biceps track. I endured the POUCH SHOW to enjoy the GUN SHOW :) WInk

You are beautiful, don't ever doubt it :)